Terms & Conditions of Hire
Our Terms & Conditions of Hire
Contract – The Contract of Hire shall be between the Hirer [You] and the Property Owner and [Mr & Mrs R. Jordan] and are subject to the following conditions of hire.
- Payment and Booking – A booking deposit of 25% of your total rental charges are payable with your initial booking. The balance needs to be paid within 28 days prior to your actual arrival date. No more than the number of persons included on the booking form may occupy a property. Well-behaved dogs are permitted with a fee of £12 per night payable within your overall booking.
2. Period of Hire – Your holiday accommodation will be ready for You after 4pm Sometimes earlier by Arrangement) on the arrival day and You must leave by 10am on the departure day. Changeover day is Friday (unless otherwise agreed with the Property Owner in writing), although a different day may be arranged out of season. As responsible Property Owners, your wellbeing is of prime importance. We do however need to make aware that if you become ill or suffer incapacity during your stay, which may prevent you from checking out in accordance with your scheduled departure date, as the hirer, you agree to fully indemnify the Property Owner for all costs in relation to extending hire periods at the prevailing rate which will include all reallocation costs for other guests who are booked into the property after you and prevented from entry. COVID-19 Regulations and procedures are in place and these guidelines are published on our website and in welcome packs for each of our properties.
3. Care of the Property – The property must be left in a clean and tidy condition by 10am on departure day, and all breakages and/or damage reported to the Property Owner and paid for at the time. Where security bonds are held by the Property Owner, they will be returned to You as soon as possible, after the property has been checked at the end of your stay. Any extra cleaning charges and/or costs of repairs or replacements shall be deducted from the deposit. The number of persons staying at the property must not exceed the number stated on your booking form. The Property Owner reserves the right to revoke or refuse occupation prior to or during your holiday where the maximum number is exceeded or where the Property Owner considers the party unsuitable.
4. Pets – Well behaved dogs are allowed in properties, at an extra charge of £12 per night. They are permitted on the strict understanding that they are kept off the furniture and are never left alone in the property. They must be exercised daily away from the property and garden. Hirers will be liable for any damage caused by pets. Please note, dogs are not allowed on some beaches during particular parts of the year. Dog owners are recommended to check access arrangements prior to booking, this information is available on our website.
5. Right of Entry – The Property Owner or his representative shall be allowed the right of entry at all reasonable times for inspection, repair, or maintenance purposes save for in the case of an emergency.
6. Holiday cancellation and curtailment Insurance – Applicable to all bookings – Your booking is a legally binding contract, and like all contracts you should protect yourself in case things go wrong. Once the deposit is paid you will be liable for the whole rental. It is therefore recommended that any booking be protected by holiday cancellation and curtailment insurance. It is a condition of your booking that you make arrangements to ensure against the possible cancellation of your holiday as all cancellations for whatever reason are chargeable. You must make your own arrangements for your insurance. If you do not indicate on your booking form that you have insurance we will send you an application form that may provide the appropriate cover, however, this statement does not constitute a recommendation or advice that you should purchase that particular policy. The Property Owners are not authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and the Property Owners are not therefore permitted to make any recommendations or provide you with advice about any particular insurance product.
7. Cancellation – In the event that You wish to cancel the arrangements prior to the commencement of the holiday the balance will still be due. Upon notifying the Property Owner in writing, the Property Owner shall endeavor to re-let the property for the period concerned or for such part thereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged, the balance, if already paid, will be refunded less a charge for any additional expenses, but the deposit is non-refundable and should be dealt with by your own cancellation insurance provider.
8. Availability – this Contract is made on the understanding that the property and its facilities as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a property is not available through events arising out of the control of the Property Owner, then the Property Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking. You will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible and will (where feasible) be offered alternative accommodation of a similar standard, type, location, and price. If this is not possible, or if the alternative offered is unacceptable to You, then the Property Owner will refund all monies paid to date in full but You will have no further claim or action against the Property Owner
9. Linen – Bed linen and/or towels (excluding beach towels) are supplied. Bed linen is not provided for ‘Z’ beds or cots.
10. Complaints – All properties have been inspected by the Property Owner to ensure the highest standards are maintained. In the unlikely event of any complaint, you should immediately contact the Property Owner or housekeeper who will attempt to resolve the problem for you. It has to be stressed that the Property Owner cannot consider complaints reported after you have returned home from your holiday or when You have denied the Property Owners the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavoring to put matters right during the holiday.
11. Website and Digital Advertising – Property Owners take every care to ensure the accuracy of property descriptions. The Property Owner, cannot accept liability for occurrences outside of its reasonable control, such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, sudden temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions, war, strikes, industrial disputes, sickness, changes imposed by re-scheduling of the airline, train operators or ferry operators. Any mechanical breakdown with home appliances will be rectified as soon as reasonably possible.
12. Liability – The Property Owners liability shall not exceed the amount actually paid as a rental by You for the property rented. It is an express condition of this Contract that the Property Owner shall not be held responsible for any accident, loss, or damage which may be sustained by You or any, member of your party, or visitor, or their property, however, caused.
13. Disclaimer: Use of the property is at your own risk. You must take extra care, especially the supervision of children, in properties where there are steps, access to main roads, and terraced areas. You are responsible to ensure the property suits your own needs, if you have any special requirements please advise the Property Owner before booking.
14. Price Changes – The Property Owner reserves the right to amend prices quoted on the website, due to errors and/or omissions.
15. Short breaks, Late Availability, and Special Offers – Full details of these may be viewed on our website.
16. Left and unclaimed property – Please note if you wish to have any items returned to You, accidentally left at the property, there is a minimum handling charge of £10.00 but the Property Owner reserves the right to dispose of any such property if not claimed within 5 days of your departure.
17. Fuel – Gas and electric are included in the rental price.
18. Noise and Nuisance – The Property Owner cannot accept responsibility for any noise or nuisance, including building work, outside the boundary of the property, over which they have no control.
19 Smoking – All properties are non-smoking and smoking shall be prohibited at all times.