Access Statement for Cladda Dartmouth
Cladda Dartmouth is a single apartment, high-quality guest accommodation. Our on-site parking is a painted concrete area with white lined parking bays accessed from Ford Valley by a small stepped kerb upstand.
The Front of the property can be reached from the footpath on kerbed Victoria Road. Number 88 on the right-hand side is 1 step up from the pavement. The lit 11 steps down to the rear car park are situated on the right-hand side of the property leading to the lit level decking walkway leading to the lit 1 step onto the car park in Ford Valley. This is also the route from the front doors to the fire meeting place in the car park in Ford Valley. Number 88 is entered through separate woodgrain uPVC doors from the front of the property on Victoria Road. The front of the property can be reached from the footpath on kerbed Victoria Road, with one step up from the road.
Cladda’s Apartment is approached from Victoria Road (the front of the property) with a uPVC door by 1 step and the door threshold into the hallway.
The Apartment on the 1st floor is entered by 1 step to a private door leading to a staircase with 14 risers up to the landing. On the landing 1 door leads to the bedroom which can either be twin bedded or as super king double. A second door off the landing leads to the living/dining room/kitchen. The 3rd door off the landing leads to the shower room with 1 step up to the cubicle with an electric shower and has a handbasin and W/C.
- As a Self Catering Apartment, we have provided fully equipped kitchen and dining facilities.
- We provide on-site (off-road) parking for our guests and are a stroll from the embankment waterfront, town centre, restaurants and shops.
- WiFi for our guests with suitable laptops is provided at no extra charge.
- Regular bus services are available with stops a few paces away.
- Train services operate in Totnes and Paignton (approx 30 minutes) by car, taxi or bus.
- We provide phone numbers of local taxis or we can book one for you.
- We can assist with luggage on request.
Cladda has clear signs at our front entrance in Victoria Road and our car parking at the rear in Ford Valley.
Both entrances have doorbells and guests are supplied with a door key. Both doors each have a mechanism by which they lock automatically when pushed/pulled closed, they do not need additional locking by key. The key is only necessary when opening each door.
Carpets have been laid in the bedroom. White ceramic floor tiles to the bath/shower rooms and wood laminate flooring to entrance hallway and living room/dining, room/kitchen areas.
Our fire procedure is provided. Cladda has no lifts or escalators, as access to all floors is by way of stairs.
All stairs are carpeted and well lit at night.
All doors to Shared Areas are fire doors with self closers. Fire exits are through the front doors and down steps to the rear car park.
Assistance is given with baby changing facilities on request.
The Apartment in Number 88 is fully fitted and equipped with a cooker, microwave, washing machine/tumble dryer, kettle, toaster, sandwich toaster, stainless steel pots and pans, crockery and cutlery.
- We have a small front garden with wooden seating.
- We are 200 metres from the small public park.
- We are a 500-metre walk to Coronation Park – a large grassed area.
- We carry full public liability insurance.
- We have an annual gas safety check certificate.
- We are certified fully compliant with current fire regulations.
Our Address is: ‘Cladda’, 88 – 90, Victoria Road, Dartmouth, Devon, TQ6 9EF.
For General inquires: Email: email@example.com
Hours of Operation – Open All Year.
- Emergency Number (Fire – Police – Ambulance) – 999
- Local Carers – Not Available.
- Local Equipment Hire Companies – Available from Local Health Centre 832212 – From Mobile: 01803 832212.
- Local Accessible Taxi Numbers – See Handbook in rooms.